FB Taylor (Cable Contractors) Ltd ‘the company’ have established this Occupational Health and Safety policy to be consistent with the purpose and context of our organisation. It provides a framework for the setting and review of objectives in addition to our commitment to satisfy applicable regulatory, legislative, and other requirements as well as our commitment to continually improve our management system.
The company are committed to safeguarding the Health, Safety and Welfare of all its operatives by providing a safe and healthy environment for all persons affected by the Company’s operations. As a responsible employer, we believe that effective health and safety practices contribute directly to the better performance of the Company as a whole.
Our aims are not simply to comply with Health and Safety legislation but to attain higher standards through the adoption of recognised good practices and to provide industry leadership through our Health and Safety performance. The Board of Directors is fully committed to achieving this through a programme of continuous improvement, positively promoting a proactive approach to accident and ill-health prevention.
The Board of Directors has the ultimate responsibility for the Health & Safety Policy and has appointed safety officers with responsibility for advising and informing the Board on Health and Safety matters. The Board recognises that the principal means for adequate accident prevention is the development of a safe system of work. The Company has therefore produced systems and procedures for designing safe systems of work for all aspects of its principal activities which have been identified as high risk. All levels of management and operational staff are required to comply with the Company’s safety rules and procedures and to contribute to their further development.
The Board also recognises that co-operation and consultation at all levels is essential in promoting a positive Health and Safety culture and the Company has developed systems for a HSE communication on matrix on Health and Safety matters.
In order to achieve the above principles, the Company has put in place the resources and developed in-house systems to achieve the following aims:
• To execute Company operations without harm to personnel, equipment, or the environment.
• To monitor new developments and existing compliance with all relevant legislation approved codes of practice and the Safety Policy as a minimum and to continually improve the performance standards specified.
• To make Health and Safety an integral part of the management of the Company.
• To provide premises, plant, substances at work and places of work that are safe and without risk to health and safety, and without risks to the welfare of all the Company’s employees.
• To carry out our operations with due regard for the health and safety of non-employees, and to provide them with prescribed information regarding those operations which may affect their health and safety.
• To ensure employees take reasonable care for their own and others’ safety; are competent and appropriately trained to meet individual responsibilities and needs.
• To involve and consult with employees and where appropriate their representatives to effectively communicate with them on health and safety matters.
• To sustain and develop this Policy by the implementation of an accredited health and safety management system.
• To review the Safety Policy on an annual basis and implement appropriate improvements.
• To bring changes to the Safety Policy to the attention of all employees and interested parties.
• We are committed to complying with applicable legal requirements and with other requirements to which the organisation subscribes that relate to its OH&S hazards.
• Consulting and participating with workers, and where they exist, workers representatives on OHS&S issues.