F B Taylor (Cable Contractors) Training, North Yorkshire
Completing jobs to our usual high standards whilst still maintaining a safe working environment is down to staff training. We make substantial investment each year in industry-approved training programmes to make sure all our people are qualified and competent to fulfil their duties.
Our training programmes consist of:
- Client/Contactor National Safety Group safety passport (CCNSG).
- IPAF operator training for mobile elevating working platforms.
- IOSH managing safely.
- EUSR National Grid engineering training.
- Construction Plant Competence Scheme for plant operators (CPCS).
- First Aid At Work appointed person.
- Confined Space training.
- Manual Handling and safety harness training.
- Electrical & Mechanical Winching operator training.
- EUSR National Water Hygiene training.
- Site inductions.
- Various in-house training programmes.
JIB registered operatives
- JIB registered operatives have electro-technical certification scheme grade cards showing assessment and CSCS affiliation.
- All operatives attend a two day CCNSG passport course or undertake the JIB health & safety assessment.
- Staff authorised to operate plant and equipment will always be trained and licensed.
- Toolbox talks on relevant subjects are carried out on site on a weekly basis to ensure that training is up to date – which is also the impetus behind maintaining and regularly updating detailed training records for every employee.
- We also have an on-going employee assessment policy to ensure that all staff are competent to carry out their duties in a safe and efficient manner and maintain our high standards.